in today’s crazy world, one thing each and every one of us deals with is stress.
we all know it, we all feel it.
i’ve learned that the trick to dealing with it is to make sure to take a lot of time for self care, whether it be a nice, warm cup of tea, curling up with a favorite book (even if you’ve read it a hundred times before), or taking a nice bath and soaking away the pains and frustrations of the day.
we carry so much stress with us throughout our lives, so much so that doctors warn against not finding away to shake it off is hazardous to our health and could even shorten our lives by a considerable amount, and as for myself, that is terrifying.
so, i decided that i was going to do my part to help you wonderful readers to destress and relax, if only for a little while.
every little bit helps, right?
anyway, here’s some recipes for some simple and easy bath salts to melt that stress away!
i hope you enjoy.
relax about it
a calming mix of relaxing aromas to loosen those muscles and slow down those crazy thoughts.
- 2 cups epsom salt
- 1 1/2 cups kosher salt
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oils
- 5 drops lavender essential oils
- 4-5 drops soap coloring of choice
- mix the epsom salt and the kosher salt together until it’s well blended and evenly intermingled. ]
- add the soap coloring and mix. some people like to use a spoon and actually stir, but i like to play it fast and loose and just swirl the bowl around like i’m sloshing water around.
- add the essential oils and mix. add as needed, but remember, a little goes a long way. i usually start with just a few drops and go from there.
- once you have the proper incorporation of essential oils, place the salts into containers for safe keeping.
this recipe is super simple and easy to create, either in bulk or in an as-needed capacity. i find that this is imperative, because what good would it to do stress someone out while they’re making the thing they want to use to de-stress?
it’s just really counterproductive, if you ask me.
we all have different tastes and idea of what we like and what we don’t like and that’s perfectly a-okay!
NOTE: it may clump together and that’s totally fine. keep mixing and it should eventually start to break up and spread the coloring around as it should.
when you go to use the salts in your bath, use as little or as much as you’d like, though, again, a little goes a long way and you don’t want to overpower yourself.
have fun with it and find out what works best for you and most importantly, relax!